Tuesday 6 October 2009

My new video

I just made my video. It took six months to do, not that it was six months of work, just six months to get round to finishing it. I’m not really happy putting out old material, it’s a bit sad really that someone should be plugging a record made 25 years ago, even if it is brilliant ! But I am a bit pissed off that other people have been using Disco Volante, when I was using it first (as a band name). Don’t people have any dignity? Perhaps we should just all call ourselves the Beatles that would give Yoko a few headaches! Disco Volante is my territory, Disco Volante is mine , I’m staking a claim.
I enjoyed making the video, though I can hear Flash programmers everywhere howling laughter. My plan was, as I can’t afford Naomi and Kate ,to go for the so bad its good approach. Then after 24 hours nonstop tidying up I played it in QuickTime only to discover that although it was co-ordinated in Flash preview, in the final version the music and images were out of sync, so another four hours of extending scenes by a frame at a time until it worked.
I’m hoping for an Oscar nomination, for Best Short Animated Feature, I want to get invited to Elton’s party afterwards, perhaps Robbie will be there too.
Anyway, I’ve decided to try doing Click, the b side now, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment